“….Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will joy in the God of my salvation”.
The word “therapy” is coined from the Greek word “Therapeia”, which means healing. The word therapy would never have existed if there was not a disorder, or a problem that needed a solution. Therapy is another word for treatment. And treatment is always unique to a particular illness; it is initiated after a wary diagnosis have been made. Administering a treatment that is not appropriate to an illness, may aggravate the problem (gradually or immediately) rather than abating it.
The bible provides a very simple yet ignored therapy for many disturbed, depressed and discouraged souls today.
Habakkuk 3: 17 – 19:
1. What is the SITUATION?“Although the fig tree shall not blossom, neither shall fruit be in the vines; the labor of the olive shall fail, and the fields shall yield no meet, the flock shall be cut off from the fold, and there shall be no heard in the stalls”
Sometimes we encounter unplanned, unexpected and undesirable situations in life. Bankruptcy instead of Blossoming, decrease instead of increase, it seems there is no reward for labor, you work so hard but there is nothing to show for it, and you can only brag about results far below your expectations. The whole world seems to be geting worse, things are not getting better like you thought they would, amidst all someone dear to you says an eternal goodbye, and you wonder if God really still exists. Try Joy Therapy.
2. What is the SOLUTION?“Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will Joy in the God of my salvation”That is the best solution for the worst situation ever. It cures the soul of any problem, transcends to the spirit, and reflects in the body. And this is without any cost. The only issue will be, if you really have a “God of your salvation”. Have you accepted Christ? Joy starts with a J – Jesus. Jesus is always the center of great joy. If you have Jesus in you, then why not enjoy the fullness of His Joy. To “rejoice” means to Re – Joy. You have to Renew your Joy consistently to maintain that life of Joy, that is rejoicing. The things of this world have been stationed to reduce your Joy. Hey, money, women, alcohol, and other mundane things, can’t reproduce the Joy from the “God of my salvation”. They are like the treatment you get from the quack doctors, they never last or satisfy. But the Joy of the Lord is not measurable and quantifiable and adds all things “pertaining to life and godliness”.
3. Where is the SATISFACTION?“The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hinds’ feet, and he will make me to walk upon mine high places…”.God is the source of life’s satisfaction. The Joy of the Lord always brings strength. One thing for sure is that God is not ignorant of any situation we are in. He knew even before you got into that state, and He always has a plan. He is our strength. He will make our feet like the deer’s (hind) feet; which seldom slips or falls. The deer can jump high, run fast and cut across tough ways. God also promised amidst our pain and while we procure the joy therapy, to set us on high. God loves high places, no wonder he stays high above the universe. He will surely set us on high.May the Lord fill us with Joy that surpasses all troubles of life’s journey in Jesus’ name. Amen.
1 Corinthians 13:13 KJV  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
Vital signs are the very first things that will be checked on you when you arrive at the any health center for care. Why? Simply because they are vital. They give a quick overview of the health condition. Just from the vital signs, one can make decisions to speed up actions, or slow down decisions. It’s normally the Pulse, (Blood pressure) Respiratory rate, and Temperature.Paul the Apostle pointed out three vital signs that shows the state of a believer; Faith, Hope and Love. In another verse; 1 Thessalonians 1:3 KJV  Remembering without ceasing your work of faith, and labor of love, and patience of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ, in the sight of God and our Father;
1. Faith Faith is that supernatural enzyme that catalyzes extraordinary reactions, yielding excellent results. Without Faith, the bible says it is impossible to please God. How can you believe a God you have not seen? It’s like asking how do you breathe in air you cannot see? Faith is like your respiration; you have to breathe in the word of God to sustain it (Faith cometh by the hearing; and hearing by the word of God); and you have to breathe out to keep fresh, sharing that same word of God to others around you. Faith produces work. That’s why Paul pinpointed “Work of Faith”. Faith without works is death. Your faith will push you to bring forth good works for Christ.
2. Hope A Christian hopes in The Lord. Believes in God’s plan, purpose and pattern for his life. There are many things we are waiting for, but we hope in The Lord for them. Paul says your “patience of hope”. Yes without patience, you can’t have hope. You learn to wait on God. You have to wait for his coming. Yes, He is still coming. Hope is like the temperature, many have gone cold because they feel Jesus won’t be coming back anymore. Even the bible says so; the “love of many will wax cold”, no hope in the Lord’s coming. Do you still have hope in God’s plan for your life? And do you still have hope in his return?
3. Love. Love is the greatest. It is the heartbeat of every Christian. It the pulse of every believer. The hallmark of Spiritual maturity. The essence of Christ’s death. No Love,no Life. Many Christians have lost their True Faith, and hope in Christ because they have no love. Faith and Hope cannot exist without Love. Do you love God? And do you love God’s people. God is love. The more of God you have, the more of Love you have. Paul talked about the “labor of love”, because love is an action word. It produces labor. You labor for God’s work, because you love God. You labor for the well-being of others, because you love them as Christ does. Do you still have love?
Check your vital signs regularly. Its as important as your life.
DIVINE METABOLIC PATHWAY
My mind runs back to biochemistry, a course I took during my undergraduate, which was full of physiologic pathways you have to “cram and pour out” during examinations and forget after the examination. Do you remember Kreb’s cycle, glycosylic pathways etc.? Metabolism is defined as “life-sustaining chemical transformations that occur within the cells of living organisms”.
Divine metabolic pathways are life-sustaining spiritual transformations that occurs in the life of living believers. Note, most of these will be evidenced physically, because the spiritual controls the physical.In your physiologic pathways, there must be an enzyme that catalyzes (speeds up the process) from one stage to another. In the divine pathway, FAITH is the enzyme that catalyzes supernatural reactions.
Let’s consider a pathway: The David’s Pathway.
He was Selected: 1 Sam 16:12. “For this is HE…”Ps 78:70. “He chose David…”I Peter 2:9. “Ye are a chosen generation”.Criteria to be selected: REPENTANCE.God cannot choose you, except you have obeyed the call to repentance. “Many are called, few are chosen”.Nobody took David’s place, until He got there.Your place of destiny is reserved for you, even if others took it by misplacement, they shall vacate for you when it’s your time. AMEN!
He was Anointed: 1 Sam 16:12,13. A man without anointing cannot function optimally in life.“He anointedst my head with oil, my cup runneth over”The anointing is linked to the “over-running” of the cup.Invaluable anointing, Immeasurable abundance.
He was Connected: I Sam 16:17,18. There was a search for a man to play before the King. They found David. David was connected to the throne. He left his “bushy” job, for a royal job.I pray God connects you to your royalty.
He was Promoted: 1 Sam 16:21.David was just to play for the King, but Favor promoted him. Saul made him his armor bearer.I pray God will grant us favor in life, before the right people, that will hasten our promotion.
He was Respected: 1 Sam 16:23.He played, and the evil spirit respected him.I pray that the physical and the spiritual will respect the work of our hands.
He was Exalted: 1 Sam 18:6,7He took just another chapter, and David’s name rang over Isreal.I pray God will make our names a praise to our generation.
With Faith, just follow God as He leads us step by step through our pathways, at the end you shall be exalted.
The Theater at Gilgal
Joshua 5:1-9. Have you ever visited a theatre? Maybe as a patient, or a relative/caregiver/sympathizer to a patient? How do you feel? You know sometimes we jokingly refer to the work our surgeons do as “cut and sow”. Actually to a layman, all you would see with surgeons, are sharp blades and knives, sharp scissors, different shapes of scissors, strings, clips, sometimes even chisel and hammer! Can you imagine? To be used on a human body. It is scary right? Well the surgery performed at Gilgal is necessary for every man.
THE CONVERSION: “You cannot circumcise a baby boy not born” So if you’re not born-again. God cannot admit you, talk less of operating on you.
Criteria: YE MUST BE BORN-AGAIN! John 3:3.
Simple as ABCD: Accept you’re a chronic sinner. Believe in Jesus, and all He has done for you. Confess your sins. Then devote yourself to Him.
THE CIRCUMCISION: Joshua 5:2 “At that time” Isn’t it funny that after the celebration of a new born baby, sometimes after the naming ceremony, the baby is scheduled for the first pain of life? Have you watched a baby cry during this operation? So painful but necessary! Why did God command it to be done after the eighth day? There is a scientific reason! You want to know? Ask me later! Just at the time the children of Israel were being feared, because of their uncountable victories and miraculous exit from Egypt, God told Joshua, “Make sharp knives and circumcise…”Have you been circumcised? No, I mean heart circumcision now! Deuteronomy 30:6 –“And the Lord will circumcise thine heart”.Still carrying about that dirty foreskin? Foreskin of Pleasure – SIN. Foreskin of Pride. Foreskin – Partners (Wrong relationships). Everyone has an inner foreskin. What is yours? Has God dealt with it? It is painful but necessary. Present Pain, future pleasure.
3. CONSOLATION: Why would God perform this painful surgery? Deuteronomy 30:6 – So we can love, live, and leap.
Post Circumcision; the reproach of Egypt was taken away. Why do many Christians still cry in reproach? Maybe we need this operation. Have you been circumcised? Have you visited the theatre at Gilgal?
MAXIMIZING YOUR SENSE ORGANS.
The sense organs are very vital in every human body. They connect us with the world. The eyes for sight, ears for hearing, tongue for taste, nose for smell and skin for touch. They work together to bring the best of our surroundings to us but they can also bring the worst of our world to us. As simple as they may seem, they can connect us to a bright destiny in life or can ruin our future. Depending on how you use them, you can ascend to the mountain tops, or descend in shame. The sense organs are very important, because they are the physical channels to the spiritual realm. What can you see? What do you say? What do you want to receive? Three important steps in your life: Say it, See it and Seize it.
START BY SAYING IT: There is power in your tongue. Proverbs 18:21. Your tongue can produce life or death. There is health through your tongue. Proverbs 12:18. “health to others and even to the speaker” Greatness and success starts from your mouth.II Kings 2:9b “AND ELISHA SAID….”Possibilities through the tongue. Matthew 9:21. For she said within herself…”
STEP-UP BY SEEING IT:
Power of vision. II Kings 2:10. Elijah said to Elisha. “IF THOU SEE…”
Peril without vision. Proverbs 29:18. “Where there is no vision the people perish…”
Pattern of vision. What you see matters! The man in Mark 8:24 saw “men as trees”. And Jesus touched him the second time to correct the misplacement of sight. “He saw CLEARLY…”
Provision of vision. Matthew 13:15, 16. “Blessed are your eyes for they shall see…”God has promised us great vision, if you lack one, ask Him.
Product of vision. Numbers 13:26-33. The spies saw different things. 10 saw the Giant men, 2 saw the Giant God. Their future was based on their vision. “And Elisha SAW it” II Kings 2:12.See the right thing at the right time!
SHINE BY SEIZING IT II Kings 2:13. Some see the mantle like Elisha, but cannot seize it. Seize you mantle, when you see it, it could just be an opportunity. Don’t miss that mantle. It could be the mantle for Exploits, Empowerment or Excellence. “When opportunity knows, please open the door…”ü II kings 2:14. And when you reach the tough “Jordan”. Remember to use that mantle. Smite the waters of setbacks, failure, poverty etc.Don’t ever remain stagnant. Move over the next level. “Elisha moved over…”It’s your turn to shine!
THE GREAT DNA
The DNA (gene) is unique to every individual born on earth. It is beyond scientific explanation, that every human being in this world has a unique thumb-print. No duplicate. Yes, your thumb print is unique to you. You are unique. You have no duplicate. You are the only one on this earth who has your thumbprint. That’s a simple way to explain DNA.Every human has a De-oxy-ribonucleic acid (DNA), configured from constituents of both parents. But only the believers have the Divine Nature (DNA). When you are “born again”, you inherit a new DNA.
Believers are Great People. God says we are “a peculiar people”. 1 peter 2:9.Vs 10 “In time past were not a people”. Not significant to God. But now “a people of God”.
Believers have Great pardon. To be enlisted among the great people, you must have experienced the great pardon.I peter 2:10 “which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy”. Mercy makes the man, Grace grants the gift.If you have not obtained mercy, you are missing from the joy of greatness.
Believers have Great Power: Joshua 17:7. Great people have great power (John 1:12). He gives power to become the sons of God. In Deuteronomy 8:18 He gives us power to get wealth. In Ecclesiastes 5:19 He gives power to eat of our labor. In Isaiah 40: 29, He gives power to soar supernaturally. In Matthew 10:1, He gives power against unclean spirits. In Luke 1:35 He gives power to conceive, physically, mentally, intellectually, etc. In Acts 1:8, He gives power to witness.
Believers have great promises: I peter 2:4 “Great and precious promises”Heb 6:14 “Surely blessing, I will bless thee, and multiplying I will multiply thee; And so, after he had patiently endured, he obtained the promise”You will obtain your promise!“that by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie” You will get your promise.Job was a “great man in the land of UZ”, though he went through TROUBLES, but got DOUBLE. Do you have this great DNA? Tap by giving your life to Jesus, He will birth you again, and give you a new DNA.“we are partakers of the Divine NAture”
COGENITAL ADAMIC SYNDROME
A syndrome is the association of several clinically recognizable features, signs symptoms, phenomena or characteristics that often occur together, so that the presence of one/two alerts the examiner to the presence of the other. (coined from Wikipedia).Congenital means inherent, inheritable, genetic, and transmissible from parent to offspring.Adamic – from the name Adam.In a standard organization, a newborn is examined thoroughly in less than 24 hours after delivery, either by the doctor or nurse, or both. Most often, abnormalities might be noticed, the head might be too small or too big, ears might be low set, distance between the eyes might be abnormally increased, mouth might be too small, more than 5 fingers/toes might be noticed, anus might be imperforate, etc.
One abnormality will prompt the health giver to look for other signs. They often occur together. Some are visible at birth, others become more pronounced as the child develops. All men are born with this syndrome, Congenital Adamic Syndrome (CAS). It is genetic, inherent and inborn. There is an adamic gene that is transferred from one generation to generation. The signs of this syndrome are mostly not visible at birth, but become noticeable as one develops in life. This syndrome is spiritual but affects the physical. Suddenly after the 2nd year birthday, your child begins to show some stubbornness. He chooses to dare and disobey you. Not too long, he begins to speak, and accrues more abusive words into his early vocabs than you can imagine. And very soon, other signs begin to show as he grows.
Most congenital syndromes are not compatible with life, so also is CAS. CAS is never compatible with life. CAS is the root of sin, and the “wages of sin is death”. You remain spiritually dead until there is an external intervention. God has provided a means to give life to all men. Jesus is the source of life. “In him was life, and the life was the light of men; and the light shineth in darkness, and darkness comprehended it not”.Every man inherits CAS, and man is spiritually dead until Jesus the Great Physician intervenes. “For if through the offense of one man, many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift of grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many”. You cannot blame the child with any congenital syndrome, it was never his/her fault. True, you cannot blame any man with this adamic syndrome. It was inborn. But it will be foolish if you decide to remain dead, and ignore the God-made free intervention. Most congenital sydromes including CAS cause discomfort, distress, depression, delay in growth, decline in health and despair.
The cross is the solution. Jesus is the cure-provider. If salvation wasn’t free, then you have a reason to remain in your adamic nature. But its free…and free indeed. Just register now! Enrol with Jesus! Call 1-800-irepent! There is a definite treatment and cure for Congenital Adamic Syndrome.
According to Wikipedia, Insurance is a form of risk management primarily used to hedge against the risk of a contingent, uncertain loss. You must have heard of Health Insurance and other types of insurance.
Well, I have been privileged to live in a country where almost nothing is insured. You bear the risk of whatever happens to you. In that country, Insurance is just a word, you just have to insure yourself. Good health insurance is only for the elites. But yes, it has its advantages. At least some freedom. When two cars are involved in an accident, most times the owners start the fight, you are not waiting for any insurance company, and police might make the matter worse.
I have also been privileged to live in a country where almost everything is insured. Health, education, assets, electronics, clothes, almost everything is insured. You dare not try give me less number of fries, or tasteless ones. I almost took “Wendy” to court one day. (Please don’t think I used to count my fries, lol). It has disadvantages too.
The usual attempt is also to insure life. Have you heard about that before? “Life Insurance”. Who has the power to insure life? What really happens here on earth and when you die? Do you know life actually begins after death? Let’s discuss:
1. Insurance of the Saved: My Friend your life cannot be insured if you’re outside Christ. That is sad but true statement. Men can only attempt to insure the physical, but has no power to insure the spiritual that controls the physical. The bible says “If any man be in Christ (not around Christ), he is a new Creature”. There’s an automatic insurance incurred on you, immediately you get to be in Christ.
2. Intimidation of Satan:“The devil cometh not but for to steal, kill and destroy”. The devil intimidates every man, it doesn’t matter if you are a Christian or not. He is a fake Lion seeking whom to devour. The question is do you have a defense when he attacks? The truth and the fact is that Satan will surely attack you one day. The “name of the Lord” is a strong tower only for those who have been saved. Job was attacked, but he survived because he had a Life Insurance. Do you have any??
3. Inheritance of the Saints:Many people are so concerned about their life on earth. Yes they have all forms of insurance that can only exist here on earth. What of when you die? Do you have a Life Insurance? Everyone dies, Death is not a respecter of persons.Only those in Christ have been promised a life insurance with unimaginable benefits. Jesus said in John 14 “In my Fathers’ house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.”Jesus assures the saved, secures His saints, and insures His servants.When death calls, will your life be insured?Do you have a life insurance or does your insurance end here on earth?Christ’s Insurance is free.Come and take freely before it’s too late. Get your insurance today.
Incubation period is that time between infection and the manifestation of signs and symptoms. It is commonly associated with communicable diseases, and differs respectively from one disease to another. Do you know the incubation period of Ebola? That’s one you should know.
It is one thing to receive the promises of God, and it’s another thing to see it manifest. Most times, there is a period of waiting. God is God of timing. He works with the “process of time”. Abraham, David, Joseph and many other gospel heroes had to go through this spiritual incubation period, one way or the other during their life-time. God promised Abraham a child, which he believed, but it took many years before he saw the child. David was promised a throne, he didn’t sit on that throne till after many years. There is always an incubation period. Can you wait on God while going through your incubation period?
What of Joseph? He had a dream of greatness, but went through phases of life before he became great. The assurance we have is that God said it, and if he said it, then surely it will come to pass.However, it is possible to be infected and yet do not manifest that disease. An intrinsic factor, the body’s immunity, or an external factor like drugs might disturb its manifestation.
Also in the spiritual, to obtain those promises, you should have:
Faith: Believe! Believe on Christ’s work on Calvary, and his transforming power. Then believe his promises. Don’t stagger in unbelief.
Focus: If you focus on the crown, you wouldn’t mind carrying the cross. You need to pay the price for the prize!
Faithfulness: don’t ever get tired of being faithful. Joseph had the promise, but he didn’t see the manifestation till many years. His integrity was really tempted, but he stood strong.It’s only an incubation period, you will see the manifestation of that promise soon. Just wait.“For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry”
“Mal” means bad, wrong.
Malnutrition – bad/wrong nutrition.Nutrition is basically what you eat. So you get malnourished when there is no access to good, balanced diet, or ingestion of food in the wrong proportion.About one-third of all child deaths worldwide is due to malnutrition (WHO) and 300,000 deaths per year occur among under-5 children in developing countries. (Medscape)Kwashiorkor, marasmus and even Obesity are all signs of malnutrition.Have you ever considered Spiritual malnutrition? The prevalent is becoming so high these days. So many believers have stunted growth, and move about with signs of spiritual kwashiorkor and marasmus. And many have died spiritually due to prolonged malnutrition.I peter 3:18. “Grow in grace”. The bible is the believers’ food. How do you get nourished?
Hear the Word: (Breastfeeding)Rom 10:17. “Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God”. After your conversion, you must look for a church where you hear the word (I mean the word). It’s important for your growth, and you should endeavor to listen to great preachers as many times as often.
Read/Study the Word: (Feeding)This is a higher step. You must learn to personally read and study the word. II Tim 2:15.
Meditate the Word: (Digestion)Reading and studying the word is not equivalent to meditating on the word. Jos 1:8. Meditation is the process of digestion. If you eat and it’s not digested, you cannot benefit from the food. Learn to let the word digest in you. All required of you is to be patient on the word, as the Holy Spirit helps you in the digestive process, just like your enzymes help you in your digestive cavity.
Pray in the Word: (Exercise)Not outside the Word. It keeps you healthy. Burn off unnecessary calories. Keep yourself fit. Learn to pray in the word. Let the Holy Spirit also guide you. Luke 18:1. “Men ought to pray and not to faint” No exercise? Danger of chronic diseases. Same in the spiritual realm, diseases of “old believers” are prone to those who don’t pray. Prayer will guide you into God’s will always.
Preach the Word: If you eat and don’t “give out”, please see the doctor immediately. It’s a sign of good health. Learn to preach the word. II Tim 4:2 “Preach the Word”. Avoid spiritual constipation. Let others know of the Christ in you. This will help you grow.
These are 5 basic principles. I pray we keep growing until we become what God wants us to be. (Amen).
“Isaiah 26:17″…Like as a woman with child, that draweth near the time of delivery, is in pain, and crieth out in her pangs, so have we been in thy sight, oh Lord!”
Though I am not in the best place to explain, because I’ve never experienced this, and I wasn’t configured to. But I have watched wonderful ‘dramas’ displayed by wonderful women during labor. (Don’t ask me what I was doing there…lol). Sometimes I don’t know which expression to take, laugh or cry, smile or frown, or just leave the environs (but you can’t). I can’t forget a laboring woman that almost tore my clothes, as contractions started (Lol.). Well sometimes, It is wonderful to watch. Kudos to women. Some men can’t watch. I remember one that fainted as he watched his wife go through labor. Some prefer to stay afar off, speaking in tongues as they hear vibrating shouts of their wives. It’s all interesting. But the most amazing, is the dramatic change from the pain to the praise after the baby is born. It’s so joyous! The pain never lasts.
I once heard that 1 in 7000 women do not know they are pregnant until the pain starts. The only way nature can push out the future in them is to initiate pain. How many people today live without knowing they are pregnant with potentials? And they live from day to day in mediocrity without knowing the talent God has deposited in them, and the power conceived in them. Even believers live today without knowing the power they carry inside. They just live in fear from day to day. Rom 8:19. “For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of God”.
God sometimes allows life contractions in our lives that causes pain. You wonder why? Why do we have to go through these pains? Are we not Christians? Take it easy, God is squeezing out the potentials in you.
One thing is sure, labor pain precedes lasting praise.Don’t be weary of the pain of your labor, it only means the praise is about to begin!Our God is an expert, don’t worry about still birth. You will bring forth that dream, purpose, plan and vision.And don’t forget, “whatsoever is born of God, over cometh the world…”.
There is a particular way the midwives shout “PUSH” when the woman is almost there, such a unique way!I’m also shouting, PUSH…don’t be tired!Pray Until Something Happens. Persevere Until Something Happens.
Is 54:17 “No weapon fashioned against you shall prosper”
Immunity is the “ability of an organism to resist disease, either through the activities of specialized blood cells or antibodies produced by them in response to natural exposure or inoculation (active immunity) or by the injection of antiserum or the transfer of antibodies from a mother to her baby via the placenta or breast milk (passive immunity).”
As myopic as man is to the source of diseases around them, so are they to the numerous spiritual dangers around them.
Have you ever come across this verse? Psalm 91:5 “Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day”.
What strikes me is the phrase “arrow that flieth by day“..not in the night. So as we carry out our daily activities in broad day light, arrows are bound to fly. But The Lord has promised to shield us.It’s funny how people go to the source of the arrows to get Immunity. When the one who protects you is the one who gives you immunity, then you are just like a hen protected by its owner just few days before the Christmas Day. One day the slaughtering will surely come.
What could be these arrows?
R-Released Devilish Words. Jeremiah 9:8
S- Satanic Manipulations
Who are the shooters? of course the Devil and his agents. Mind you, they may be seen or unseen.The key to Security is Sanity.No weapon (arrows) fashioned against a righteous man can prosper. No tongue (arrows) can rise against him.”This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord , and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord “.
May The Lord confer long-lasting Immunity to us this year. Our part is to keep being Righteous.And the demonic arrows will not prosper in Jesus Name.
“Watchful Waiting” is a phrase common among medical practitioners. It is used when there is a hesitancy in initiating a therapy for a medical condition. In simple terms, the physician or surgeon decides not to start treatment, but watch the progress of the medical situation. It may get worse or get better. There is another phrase similar to that, but with a slight difference. “Masterly Inactivity” is used when the doctor feels nothing should be done to the patient, while observation is carried out.
The world is evolving so fast, so many distractions and subjection. Christians should not forget that this world is not their home. We are just passing through. We are waiting for Christ’s return, “He that will come, will come…”. But we are not just waiting, we are also to watch, because the devil is working so hard to make sure we don’t populate heaven.Watchful Waiting; what are we to watch?
W – Works; Rev 2;2, 9..”I know thy works”. Walk: Eph 4:17. Are you working worthy of the vocation whereby you have been called?
A – Associations; The verse still stands “Evil communication corrupts good manners.
Ambitions; Remember the one God called a fool in the bible? (Luke 12:15-21). He was planning without God. Put God in all your plans.
T – Thoughts: “As a man thinketh so he is”
Tongue: Watch what your mouth produces each day.
C – Conscience/Convictions. Do they align with God’s will?
H – Habits (Addictions); What are you addicted to? To Prayer like Daniel? To Women like Solomon? Watch that!
Let’s not sleep.
Slumber into sin. “It’s a slow fade”
Leave the the ancient land mark.
Enroll with evil ensembles
Passive in Prayer
Watch While Waiting! Stay alive! Be awake!
It won’t be long!
THE ESSENTIAL WATER: FLUID
“If thou knewest the gift of God and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink, thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water” John 4:10
Would you agree that water is the most important fluid in the world? Yes of course, you should. The earth is made up of about 71% of water, and water is also present in every other planet of the universe in one form of the other. Water is life. It is a very essential part of the body. Your body is made up of about 50-70% of water, depending on your size. We have been advised to take about 8 glasses of water every day. Some even advocate a glass of water when you wake up in the morning, which is not unhealthy.
Do you know adequate water intake prevents constipation, helps with weight loss and might reduce risks for kidney stones? Water is so important, learn to drink it often. Dehydration is a cause of death. During the last epidemics of Ebola, dehydration was a major cause of death among other causes, and adequate re-hydration of fluids helped prolong lives.
This woman (name not mentioned) from Samaria, needed water for herself for its many purposes. And decided to go fetch some water for her physical needs. But fortunately she encountered Jesus, one who could provide water that satisfies the spiritual needs. Most people today are like the Samaritan woman, busy with satisfying the physical needs, while they are dry spiritually. Thirst is no respecter of persons, even as we seek to satisfy the physical thirst, many also seek to satisfy the soul, but at the wrong places and with the wrong things. Alcohol, Sex, Money or whatsoever cannot satisfy the soul, they may only seem to.
“If thou knewest the gift of God…”. It’s a gift from God. He’s ready to fill us if we open up our soul to him, “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Jesus stood and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)”, Are you thirsty? Dry out of life exhaustion? Jesus is still crying today, “Come unto me and drink”. Don’t remain dry. Do you remember that feeling of satisfaction when you take in water – after a very long thirst? That feeling is much better spiritually. Now I could relate to this song;
“Fill my cup (soul), Lord,I lift it up Lord,Come and quench this thirst of my soul,Bread of heaven, fill me till I want to know,Fill my cup (soul), fill it up, And make it whole”
The Virus of Hypocrisy
” Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy, and iniquity” Matt 23:28
A virus is a microscopic organism, (not possible to see with the human eye, except with the use of microscope). It is known for many self-limiting and self-destructive diseases. its complex and unique form of replication makes it very difficult to treat.. The word “hypocrisy” is not a common word for sinners. Its a term used mostly among the religious, and it depicts what Jesus said in Matt 23:3, “for they say, and do not”. It’s a like virus. It is not visible to the human eye. It changes form so quickly and goes beyond the detection and treatment of the human intervention. Hypocrisy is the act of behaving what is expected, while living a life far below expectation. It is the highest form of pretense. The talk does not correlate with the walk. It seems to walk the walk, whereas it only talks the walk.
1. Appearing Style: Ye outwardly appear righteous”. You cannot appear righteous if you don’t know what righteousness entails. Hypocrites are religious people. They come to church, pray, give tithes, partake in activities, and very active in the church, yet they are so far from God. They might even add more laws and rules in their living, and confront those who seem not to be living right, yet they are far from God. Don’t just appear righteous, Be righteous.
2. Actual Status:“but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity”. How can one who knows so much about righteousness still be filled with iniquity? Because he has not submitted to the work of Grace. “This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lipsbut their heart is far from me”. Matt 15:8. One needs to humble one’s self and approach God in sincerity, to be made clean and forgiven, Or one might think he/she is living the life, when he is/she is killing the life.
3. Acquiring Sanctity: “If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness”. I John 1:8. Jesus knows every heart. He sees beyond every man and into the nooks and crannies of our heart. And He is the only one who can cleanse us, with the blood He has shed on the cross of Calvary. Hypocrisy is a heart-problem. it’s deeper than just the physical. The truth is known but not lived. Coming to Him, is the best decision man can ever take. He calls “Come unto me all ye that are heavy burdened and heavy laden, and I will give you rest”. Of course, a hypocrite will never rest, because of the disturbing guilt, but Christ can handle all that.
May God deliever us all from the Virus of Hyprocrisy. Amen.
Proverbs 29:18 KJV” Where there is no vision, the people perish…”
According to The World Health Organization (WHO), VISION 2020 is a global initiative that aims to eliminate avoidable blindness by the year 2020. Apart from that, Vision 2020 is the normal human eyesight. Using the Snellen Chart, one with 20/20 eyesight sees the letters at 20 feet that a normal person would see at 20 feet.
Jesus asked a very important question to a blind man he was about to heal. He touched him and asked what he could see. Thank God the blind man was sincere enough to say he saw “men as trees”. He would have just been comfortable with that stage, at least he could see. But he wanted something more and better. I love to ask myself that same question, “What can I see?” Any vision for my life, family, ministry, career?
Well, it is obvious that God gives a clear vision. He never lets you go with a “misplaced sight”. So he touched that blind man, the second time. The bible says, the man saw CLEARLY. I crave for that second touch. I want to see clearly too. Tired of messed-up and mixed-up visions.
Prophet Habakkuk has some interesting stuffs in Habakkuk 2: 1-3.In summary, he says:
- Get the Vision
- Write the Vision
- Understand the Vision
- Run with the Vision
- Expect vision killers
- Be Patient while you run
- Believe your vision is fulfilled, your destiny is already secured. You and I will surely get there.
I need to see, and not just see, but see CLEARLY.Touch me again Lord. Give me visions that matter. Amen.
“And be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind” Romans 12:2
Hygiene is a very important part of one’s life which is most often ignored for many reasons. Sometimes it seems difficult to maintain, but when it becomes a habit it becomes so easy. I remember those rules; brush your teeth twice a day, take your bath twice a day, wear clean clothes, change your undergarment regularly, wash your hands always…etc. how many of us still do these? One thing so peculiar about the rules are that they are to be done daily. Because you brushed your teeth yesterday doesn’t mean you won’t today. You have to do them daily, which is very easy to do when they become a habit. The scientist says your actions can become a habit if you do them consecutively for 21 days (3weeks). That’s easy right?
1. The Mind: The mind is an open interface between the spirit and the flesh. It communicates with both sides. You are controlled by what you feed on the mind. “As the man thinketh, so is he”. So think about it. What does your mind feed on? If you feed it with spiritual contents, that spirituality will reflect on on you. If you feed it with the things of the flesh, then you’ll be controlled by the flesh. The question is, how does the food get into the mind? The five senses control what goes into the mind. What do you see? What do you hear? What do you say? Who/what do you touch/handle? Where do you go? All these control what gets into the mind.
2. The Renewal: Good hygiene requires your daily effort and exercise. But remember when it becomes a habit, it gets so easy. I’m sure you don’t depend on yesterday’s bath for today. Or your brushing of teeth for today to carry you for the next few days. But how often do you clean your mind? Most of us are so mindful of the external that you forget the internal. You are so clean outside, but so filthy inwards. Do you take time to clean up your mind every morning and night? The dust of uncleanness might have clogged your mind. You don’t have to commit a sin before you renew your mind? Just like you don’t have to fall into a mud before you take your bath. It should become a habit; daily washing. So how do you renew your mind? You must have a new heart, before you can RE-new. The blood of Christ has to wash you first. So the blood washes you clean, while the word of God keeps you clean. To renew your mind daily, you have to read the word daily. “Ye are clean through my word”.
3. The Transformation: Can you see your fresh, glowing skin and your clean breath? Why do you think it is so? Your daily hygiene. There is a gradual transformation that takes place in your life when you daily renew yourself. I’m not talking about the 1-day, paper, sanctification experience that you acquire for worker’s interview. Have you considered how a new fresh baby grows into a full, fresh-looking, nice-shaped man/woman? That’s what happens in the spiritual, you continue to grow until you became a man, strong in the spirit, filled with the fruits of the spirit, glowing in his glory, gallant in his grace, until Christ is FULLY formed in us. Amen.Keep your mind clean.
THE ORTHOPEDICS OF LIFE
“Can these bones live? O Lord God…And I answered, thou knowest” Eze 37:3
Have you ever visited the orthopedics section of any hospital? The part of medicine that deals with bones. Sometimes we often refer to them as medical “carpenters”. They fix, knock, remove and cut bones. It’s been a very mechanical part of medicine, yet very lucrative.
1. The State of the Bones: The “dry bones” in this passage is very symbolic. The bones were in the valley, dry, disjointed and dead. Those bones can be anyone’s life; spiritual, physical, business, financial, academic. You might have been in the valley, dry, dead, disjointed, decayed, and disorganized, yet The Lord is saying, there is hope. Those dry bones can rise again.
2. The Spirit’s Breath: Only God has the solution to your dry bones. He’s the orthopedic surgeon. He can fix you up, but beyond that he can also give you life. The bones came together, but couldn’t move, it lacked oxygen. The Holy Spirit is the oxygen of life. Even though you may have been organized and fixed up, made arrangements and connections, if the Holy Spirit doesn’t breathe on you, or on that business, dream, finances, it cannot rise. You need the Holy Spirit to breath on everything that concerns you.
3. The Spoken Word: Despite the ability for God to do extraordinary things in your life. Most times he requires you to speak the word. He told Ezekiel to prophesy life into the bones. What do you do with your mouth? Have you prophesied into your life this new month? Do you know you are a prophet? What you say to yourself will mostly likely come to pass. Begin to prophesy into your life today.
Remember though, it started with the “hand of The Lord was upon him” in verse 1. May God’s hand be upon you, that ye may be able to prophesy into your dry bones and receive life in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Proverbs 25:19 KJV “Confidence in an unfaithful man in time of trouble is like a broken tooth, and a foot out of joint”
Have you ever had a toothache? Please pray not to have one. I once read that it was the most severe pain man can have but can’t validate that. But I know it can be very painful, because I have watched a grown man cry (I mean in tears, like a baby) from the pain of a broken, decayed tooth. The other pain you will never pray to have is that from a disjoint. I’ve also seen patients groan from that many times. They are both very painful situations.
Now, Solomon speaking from experience, tells us about excruciating pain of putting one’s trust in man. And he says trusting a man can be likened to having a broken tooth. That’s painful. Often in medicine we love to categorize pain. Let’s do that:
1. Mild Pain: Confidence in man. This is enough to cause you much pain, because men do and will most times, fail.
2. Moderate Pain: Confidence in an unfaithful man, is worse than the first case! How do you intend to survive? Well, the question will be how do you know an unfaithful man?
3. Severe Pain: Confidence in an unfaithful man in times of trouble? That’s the worst! How can you do that? In times of trouble? You trusted an unfaithful man? That’s a very bad scenario. Well most times you do not even know he/she is an unfaithful man.
To avoid all this level of pain, let’s just trust God for man. I think that’s best. Trust in The Lord with all your heart, and He shall direct your paths”. “Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is.”Jeremiah 17:7 KJV
The Brain Cortex of God
Isaiah 55:9 KJV “For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts”
Well I’m not in any capacity to tell you what God’s brain looks like. I’ve never seen it. (lol). I’m only interested in a one tiny part of His brain, that’s if He has one. But let’s reason together. Does God have a brain? And if he does, how big could it be?
The cortex is the part of the brain that deals with thinking (among other functions). If God thinks according to our text, then He should have a brain. (But He’s a spirit right?). The bible also says we are made in his image, and many times He’s been referred to having hands, ears (Is 59:1) and eyes (2 Chro 16:9). So if He has those, then I think He should have a brain. I will like to know your opinion.
Yes, One cannot quantify/measure how big God is…but one is sure He’s MIGHTY! If the “earth is His Footstool” then God must be very very very big! Actually I’m so particular about the thoughts of God. The text says as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are God’s thought higher than our thoughts. I tried to check for the distance between the earth and the heavens. Well from the earth to the sun is 92,960,000 miles. Well heaven must be above the galaxies. A scientist estimated that distance to be about 33,968 trillion miles. Wow…that’s a distance.
Now that’s exactly how big the thoughts of God are bigger than your thoughts.
Your thoughts are so insignificant to what God wants to do in your life. David said ” Many, O Lord my God, are thy wonderful works which thou hast done, and thy thoughts which are to us-ward: they cannot be reckoned up in order unto thee: If I would declare and speak of them, they are more than can be numbered.” Ps 40:5.
What’s are the thoughts of men? Matt 6:25: Thoughts of life. (job, family, career)Thoughts for food. Thoughts for drink. Thoughts for clothes. Thoughts for good health.”Which of you by taking thoughts can add one cubits unto his stature?”
What are the thoughts of God?
- Jeremiah 29:11 Thoughts of Peace.
- Isaiah 26:3 Thoughts of Purity.
- Matthew 5:8 Thoughts of Power.
- Ephesians 3:20 Thoughts of Prosperity.
- III John vs 2 Thoughts of Perfect Health.
- Jeremiah 30:17 Thoughts of Praise.
- Zephaniah 3:20 Thoughts of Purpose.
Can you see how bigger His thoughts are? Trillion times bigger! He wants to give us an “expected end“. That is an end and an expectation. Some people get to their end and do not get their expectation, others get their expectation and yet to reach their end. May we get both in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Revelation 3:17 KJV”Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked”
Have you ever been misdiagnosed or witnessed any case of misdiagnosis? its always terrifying yet it is very common, especially in those hospitals with inadequate facilities. Sometimes the result could be fatal. I’m sure you have wondered how and why it should happen. What were the doctors thinking? Why should I be treated for malaria when its not? Sometimes you can’t blame the doctors, there are many factors involved. Sometimes symptoms might just be too similar or no adequate diagnostic amenities in some places.
This verse started with Jesus’ words “Because thou sayest…”There are many Christians today who ‘say’ they know God. Because you say so does not mean you are. What you say might not be what you are. Many people know the bible so much and can apply it to every aspect of life. They are very quick to criticize others, and show them the path to hell. They say they are rich unto God, but yet are far from the standard of God. They do not possess what it takes to be a Christian. Sometimes when I encounter such people physically or virtually, I begin to wonder if they have really met God or encountered grace. A life without Grace cannot grow.
Looking deeper into the verse, it says “because thou sayest” then “and knowest not”. Most times, People who talk much know little. They say they know God, when they actually do not. They talk rich and live poor while the devil keeps playing on that ignorance. And because you don’t know you lack knowledge, it then becomes difficult to treat ignorance. Because you don’t even show up for treatment until it becomes fatal. That is why there is a massive falling away at every moment of shaking.Do you truly know God? Or just professing him when you don’t possess him? Lets all approach God that he may search and deliver us from every spiritual illness.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled”. Matt 5:6”Anorexia is a medical condition characterized by extreme lack or appetite for food. It might be associated with an emotional desire to lose weight at all cost. Those with anorexia usually have below normal weight. Hunger is a good sign. It shows you are healthy and alive. It shows your body is absorbing and digesting food for growth. A mother gets anxious when her baby refuses to eat.
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness”. Many people are suffering from spiritual anorexia. They are not hungry or thirsty for anything relating to the spiritual. No wonder they are spiritually lean and malnourished. Jesus pinpointed the importance of being hungry and thirsty for the right things in life. He blessed those who hunger and thirst for righteousness.It is one thing to be hungry, it’s another thing to be hungry for something. What are you hungry for? For righteousness or for riches? For the word of God or for wealth? For God or just His Gifts? For Grace or for Gold? What are you hungry for?Jesus said “seek FIRST the kingdom of God, and all other things shall be added unto you”. What are you seeking FIRST? You are still struggling because you are seeking the wrong things FIRST. “FIRST” is the key word.
“For they shall be filled”. It’s never a good time when you are hungry and you don’t have food to eat. Nothing to quench the hunger. It’s depressing and devastating. Jesus is not a wicked savior. He does not want you to be hungry in vain. He promised he will fill you. “Open your mouth and I will fill it”. Ps 81;10. All he needs for you is to crave for him. He has so much for your hunger. He said ‘Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” And don’t be scared, he is going to provide the food for the banquet, just open for him.Are you suffering from spiritual anorexia? Jesus is the Solution.
Are you hungry but for the wrong things in life? Change your diet. Hunger for righteousness first, and see how God will fill you will every other things in life.
Genesis – is the term used to depict an origin. It is commonly known as the first book of the bible, but has been coined into several words especially used in the biological or medical field. For example, polygenesis, lipogenesis, monogenesis, gametogenesis, etc.During one of my family devotions, we read through Matthew chapter 1, and it was obvious that the Holy Spirit loves new beginnings. He was always involved in Creation, Conception, and was consummated at the beginning of the church.For those not familiar with the Holy Spirit. He is the third in trinity, and Yes, He is God!
The Holy Ghost at Creation:
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.And God said, Let there be light: and there was light” Gen 1:2.Did you notice how the earth was formless, void, and dark? And just at the beginning of creation, the Holy Spirit got involved. And God spoke light into the earth. That sequence never changes, the Holy Spirit moves and God speaks. Today, when the Holy Spirit moves in the life of a man, God speaks light into the heart, and then He becomes a NEW creature; old things passed away and all things becomes NEW. And by the way, do you wonder why God hasn’t spoken? It might just be because the Holy Spirit hasn’t moved.
The Holy Ghost at Conception:
Something very similar happened in Matthew 1. The world has been in darkness for 400 years. No prophet, No teacher, No word. The world was spiritually formless, void and dark.Then this: “fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.”Matthew 1: 20. The Holy Spirit moved again, now not in an empty space, but in an empty womb. And the Word was conceived; “In him was life, and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehendeth it not”. Same thing happened as in Genesis 1, but now in the spiritual realms of man.The bible says; “ WHATsoever is born (conceived) of God overcometh the world; even our faith”. WHATSOEVER; might be an idea, a start-up business, a thought, a child, a ministry…in as much as the Holy Spirit is involved; it will overcome any obstacle before it. Just Conceive it, Believe it, and Achieve it!
The Holy Ghost at Consummation:
Jesus was going to be crucified, but something new was going to happen. The church was going to kick-off, and the Holy Spirit must move again. Jesus said “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you. Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14: 26, 27. And it happened, as there were in one accord in Acts 2, the Holy Ghost moved again, like as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled everyone. The Church was birthed in that upper room.
Do you need something NEW to happen in your life? You need a NEW life, thought, idea, or perception? Why not invite the Holy Spirit for a Divine “Holygho-genesis”? And when he is come, all things shall be NEW.